Conundrum...

I woke up at about 4am this morning in a cold sweat. Headache, fever, nauseous, diarrhea, stomach cramps. I last until about 8am, by which time I feel like dying, and then text a friend who's a nurse and ask her what I should do. She tells me to drink water, mixed with ORS and juice and hope for the best. If I'm not better by the afternoon I should go to the clinic. I hate going to the UNMIS clinic. They diagnosis everything as typhoid. I go back to sleep, or try - it's about 118 degrees (47 C) today. I don't get out of bed until about 5pm and decide to do some self diagnosis on the internet. The problem with the internet is this. If you ever want to freak yourself out try diagnosing a medical problem with it. With my symptoms you could pretty much have everything - typhoid, malaria, food poisoning, ebola. It's not much help. So, I am going back to bed with my disgusting ORS to - at worst - slowly die of ebola or - at best - to lay there and sweat and count the days until I get to leave and wonder if I should have just gone to the UNMIS clinic for my Typhoid diagnosis.

Comments

Anonymous said…
How are you feeling, today?!!!
kate said…
I take it from the fact that you blogged again, you recovered? Or was THAT really your secret weapon in dealing with UNICEF? :)

Popular posts from this blog

How to kill the Black Mamba

An introduction to violence

Top 10 things I've learned in Jordan...