Sometimes the times we live in overflow with light...

I was reminded of Antjie Krog's excellent book, Country of My Skull: Guilt, Sorrow, and the Limits of Forgiveness in the New South Africa, this evening and so reread some. Here's a great part:

“And I wonder: God. Does he hear us? Does he know what our hearts are yearning for? That we all just want to be human beings ... some with more colour, some with less, but all with air and sun. And I wade into song ... in a language that is not mine, in a tongue I do not know. It is fragrant inside the song, and among the keynotes of sorrow and suffering there are soft silences where we who belong to this landscape,…all of us,…can come to rest. Sometimes the times we live in overflow with light.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to kill the Black Mamba

An introduction to violence