1. Home office lackeys at immigration who have perfected being horrendously rude and humourous at the same time.
2. Ample amounts of the four food groups: wine, cheese, bacon, chocolate.
3. After banging on for several hours about the evils of Darfur my friends who offer a cup of tea as the genuine remedy.
4. Transport that might not run on time but still gets you where you need to go.
5. Marks and Spencers.
6. The fact that it's August and it's grey and rainy.
7. Internet that works all the time...seriously...all the time. Can you imagine?
8. Tony Blair.
9. The telephone - which I hear the British think they invented - that also works...well, all the time!
10. The 16 hour, BBC version of Pride and Prejudice that I intend to spend 16 hours watching before going out to the pub for a beer and some greasy fish and chips, doused in vinegar and dipped in ketchup. Mmmm...